My Life in Books||Tag


I believe we all have days which we spend procrastinating. This is exactly how I spent my weekend and now I have so much to do but I'm completely running out of time. However, I didn't want to miss today's post so I decided to do something simple but at the same time interesting. And that's My Life in Books Tag. I really enjoy watching tags on youtube, it's fun way to get to know person and also to find new books. Hope you'll enjoy it!


Find a book for each of your initials

R - Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare
This is definitely not my favorite work of Shakespeare but some other of his tragedies I really enjoyed reading. Of course I did it in Lithuanian but I hope that one day I'll be able to read it in English and I'll understand everything that he wanted to say.

K - Keeping the Dead by Tess Gerritsen
I haven't read this book but this is in my TBR list, because this book is from Maura Isles/Jane Rizzoli series. Recently I did a rewiev on the first novel in this series and if you have read it, you know that I really enjoyed it. So I hope I'll continue reading these books.






Count your age along your bookshelf: What book is it?
A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin
I'm a big fan of Game of Thrones TV series, but I've started reading books not a long time ago. This particular book is the first one in The Song of Ice and Fire series. I really loved it, in my opinion George R. R. Martin is a wonderful author. However, his books are not for everyone, because they are quite big.


Pick a book set in your city/state/country 
Vilnius Poker by Ričardas Gavelis
I'm currently reading this book and I really like it so far, it's written beautifully However, this book is not for everyone, because it's full of descriptions, thoughts, there are not much dialogues or action. And this book is set in Vilnius which is the capital city of Lithuania.





Pick a book that represents a destination you’d love to travel to
Last Rituals by Yrsa Sigurdardóttir
This is crime novel written by Icelandic author. Iceland is one of my dream countries. I'm absolutely in love with its nature and scenery. Other aspect which attracts me is the weather in this country, it's always quite cool there and I definitely prefer coldness over heat.

Pick a book that’s your favorite color
Looking for Alaska by John Green
Black is my all time favorite color. A lot of people associates it with sadness, but for me it's happy color. And talking about book this is the first book of John Green that I've read and also probably my favorite one.





Which book do you have the fondest memories of?
The Story of San Michele By Axel Munthe
This story is a book of memoirs. It's my mum's all time favorite book and she's been talking about it for as long as I can remember. So I read it this summer and was totaly amazed by it. This book is full of positive ideas, examples of kind actions. This is a proof that humans get rewarded for their kindness. I love this book because it reminds me of my family and beautiful summer days.


Which book did you have the most difficulty reading?
The Hunchback of Notre-Dame by Victor Hugo
I'm a big fan of classic books so I was really excited when I started reading this book but it was extremely difficult to do it. This story is full of descriptions, even though it's not typical for Romanticism, but Hugo wanted to describe every detail of setting and also he talked a lot about history. These things made story difficult to read, but I still really loved it.



Which book in your TBR pile will give you the biggest accomplishment when you finish it? 
Les Misérables by Victor Hugo
Couple of weeks ago I saw musical drama film based on this book and it totaly fascinated me. I don't remember the last time when the story and the whole idea touched my heart so much. I immediately decided that I need to read this book but it's huge, Lithuanian edition has 1112 pages. So it's definitely going to be my biggest reading accomplishment.

 

Komentarai

Populiarūs šio tinklaraščio įrašai

What Hides in Biography Books?

Thrift Store Books||The Surgeon by Tess Gerritsen